Thanks for stopping by! This is my little creative place where I talk about all things craft, furry friends, living near the sea & loving life.
I sell my wares through Folksy and you can find me here

Monday 6 May 2013

Visit to sunny Suffolk

Hello....finally back after a far too long break. Had an internet malfunction which is now fixed & my camera gave up the ghost.....bought a shiny new one. Yipeeeee can take photo's which I've really missed doing.
It's been a really sunny, warm bank holiday weekend (hence the background colour of this post) and yesterday we decided to hop over into Suffolk and made a visit to the National Trust property "Ickworth House", near Bury St Edmunds.
We weren't disappointed.....
 
The house was huge & took our breath away when we walked up the drive. It was good to make use of our NT membership as it was £12 each to get in otherwise. We made it there at lunchtime but soon realised that we probably needed a couple of days to get round everything.


These were painted on to the walls off the visitor entrance.
Always my favourite part - the servants quarters, especially the kitchens
Can you imagine cooking on this?
The servant's dining room was a huge and very cold....hate to think what it was like for them in winter.
The bedrooms were also impressive
& also the very grand entrance hall
So well worth a visit........need to make a full day of it!. Next time we plan to go round all the lovely gardens which we didn't have time to go round.
 
Before I go......had to show you a picture of my new teacup planter with a drumstick primula which I thought would go a treat in it.
 


Hope everyone has had a good bank holiday weekend!
See you all soon.....PROMISE!
Natalie
x


 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment