Thanks for stopping by! This is my little creative place where I talk about all things craft, furry friends, living near the sea & loving life.
I sell my wares through Folksy and you can find me here

Sunday 24 March 2013

Mr badger comes to live

The last few weeks have whizzed by in a big blur.......meant to blog sooner but been very Zzzzz's (sleepy) on an evening. I've been adjusting to working from part time hours to taking on another role at work to increasing my hours to full time. Along with running my little home support business, its taking some adjusting to and new routines to put in place.
As well as trying to make some time for making.....
Well all I can say is i'm getting there. At last I finished of the little umbrella purse this weekend, decided to save this for my niece's birthday. Ages away yet but at least it will be done & ready for wrapping.
I did enjoy making this although did struggle with the zip abit as it is quite small, not entirely pleased with it but sometimes you have to leave well alone. But did like the backstitch lettering a did on the back of the purse........think I will do this again - what do you think??????????
 

I also added a cute little umbrella charm to the zip......sorry about the quality of these photo's, the light is very poor today & I NEED a new camera......hint hint to my hubby ha!

 The weather here has been awful this weekend, snowy at times but mainly bittery cold. Did venture out a couple of times for food supplies but didn't stay out too long.....back to a long roaring fire, cup of my fav english breakfast tea, watching a 'Miss Marple', writing Easter cards to friends & family and lots of eating far far too much Ha!
Have to show you "Mr Badger" (what I've named him!) that I asked the lovely Emma from Vanilla Squirrel to make for my Hubby's 40th Birthday that is in a couple of weeks time
 
I asked her to do a orange & black knitted scarf round his neck as my hubby is from the West Midlands and supports Wolves FC.......Thanks so much Emma, he is amazing! I'm sure he is going to love him - I'll let you know.
If you haven't looked at Emma's shop head over as she has some lovely things, got my eye on a sheepie or Miss Foxy next.
 
Before I say say cheerio for now, a little bit of Spring that a friend gave me on Friday......Please come soon


 
Have a good coming week.....Bye for Now
Natalie
x

1 comment:

  1. So glad you like mister badger.....lets hope the birthdays soon and he can escape his plastic bag!!!!have a happy week x

    ReplyDelete